Friday 15 June 2012

Weight Loss is 90% Mind Game


Weight Loss is 90% Mind Game




“The kind of thoughts that you plant in your mind, determine what you produce in life.”


Getting to your weight loss goal by training your thoughts is probably the most important step you can take to be successful.  If you hold onto thoughts like:

.I’ll always be fat,
.I just don’t have the discipline to follow a healthy diet,
.Exercising is just too hard


You shouldn’t be surprised that you’re not be able to loose weight. If you’re determined to be successful, it’s imperative to start replacing those thoughts with positive thoughts. Begin by creating a clear picture in your head of how your life will look when you’ve lost the extra weight.  Maybe you’ll feel more confident, you might be sexier to your spouse, you’ll have much more energy for your business and your family, it will give you eternal happiness.
                                 Then be persistent in using a technique called reframing. Reframing is a way of changing the way you look at something which changes your experience of it. To reframe your negative weight loss thoughts:



Start by noticing when you have the negative thought. Being aware of those thoughts is an important part of challenging and ultimately changing them. Keeping a journal is really good, recording the way you feel or what’s happening in your life when you’re having those thoughts.

OK
Challenge your thoughts. Examine what’s really true or accurate about the thought. “I just don’t have the discipline to follow a healthy diet.” “I reached out and found a coach to support me while I create new habits so I can follow a healthy diet. “Exercises are just too hard,” “I’ve always loved to dance so I get my exercise by going to a dance class two times a week.”

Replace Your Thoughts With More Positive Thoughts. This is a useful reframing trick that we can all put into practice. When you’re looking at something negative, see if you can change your self talk to use less strong, less negative emotions. “I’ll always be fat.” “I’m not where I want to be right now with my weight, but I’m taking steps to be the architect of my new body.”

Since weight loss really is 90% mind game, taking charge of your thoughts can the very best step you can take in your weight loss journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment